On Friday, June 3rd, Green Party candidate for the US Presidency Jill Stein will speak at 4:30 PM on the steps of the downtown Berkeley Post Office at the invite of Berkeley Post Office Defenders.
Some excerpts from her “Power to the People” Plan:
…create deep system change, moving from the greed and exploitation of corporate capitalism to a human-centered economy that puts people, planet and peace over profit.
- Create living-wage jobs for every American who needs work
- Abolish student debt to free a generation of Americans from debt servitude.
- Create democratically run public banks and utilities. Replace corporate trade agreements with fair trade agreements.
- terminate unconstitutional surveillance and unwarranted spying
- Abolish corporate personhood